After the Christmas, winter sales make their appearance.
The great discounts of winter sales invite us mass consumerism and to avoid problems with both shopping and changes, returns and claims, the Organization of Consumers and Users (OCU) has developed a decalogue with this tips:
- Make a list of what you need. You will avoid impulse shopping.
- The products of sales must be seasonal. The OCU reminds that according to the regulations the articles that are part of the sales campaign must have been part of the usual offer of the establishment for at least one month and its quality can not be different from the one they had before being reduced.
- Check the original price and the discount.
- There are shops that establish special conditions for shopping in the period of rebates (on returns, acceptance of payment by card, etc.). This is allowed, but these conditions must be clearly indicated and in a visible location for the consumer.
- Keep the ticket or simplified invoice.
- You must comprobate that the after-sales service and the application of the guarantee are the same during all periodo.
- Be clear that, before any problem during the sales, you must act as at any other time.
- If you couldn’t reach an amicable agreement, you will must request a complaint form.
- Where possible, choose establishments adhering to the arbitration system of consumption, which offer more guarantees to the consumer.
- Do not forget, claiming is a right.